If you have a hardware issue post here, motherboards, processor, ram, sound card, video card etc etc
Moderators: RiCh, ForestChav, manny, Ranibeke
Hi, I've one of these and am wondering if anyone can help me with the following please. It's all to do with the CMOS battery which needs replacing (always get asked the f! question at boot up now):
1. What kind of battery is it.
2. Where is it?
3. If poss, does anyone know if this is rebadged something or oother or where I can download a service manual for the thing.
Many thanks to anyone for some advice
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:34 pm
3. If you read through the rest of the forum you will find the answer. Service manuals are not publicly available for the manufacturer's products.
The F1 request at boot could be a BIOS problem or mbr.
It is rare for the CMOS battery to fail in a relatively new system. Are the date and time changing?
Try entering the BIOS and then exit without saving see if it still happens.
- Posts: 2857
- Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:48 pm
Return to Advent Hardware Issues / Chat
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest