My advent went faulty after a short circut occured in the screen to motherboard wiring where two bare wires hit each other while fixing a black screen problem, after which it went completly dead and when I switch it on I cann't see any signs of life.
When I checked the motherboard, I didn't see any burned parts and all parts looked fine and intact. I checked the cpu and the memory modules and found no problem as well.
Things I noticed:
A 1 inch square block on the motherboard mostly the chipset
id= (pc97551 vpc) will become suddenly very hot in few seconds whenever I plug in the power supply with or without the battery or when I insert the battery on it is own and in both cases before I even switch it on.
Strangly, when I plug in the power supply the battery indicator light used to appear from time to time even if the battery is not inserted but this wouldn't last for more than few seconds only. Anyway this stopped completly now.
I wonder now, is the problem in the chipset itself or in other parts and if so what is the best way to fix it.
I will be thankful for any technical advice